Lions Prostheses Center (LPC) was founded by a group of Lions Clubs in Singapore to provide financially disadvantaged amputees with prosthetic limbs to enable them to walk, work and live a normal life.
The following are some of the criteria that LPC takes into consideration for those amputees who wish to apply for assistance:
- Appraisal to be based on the applicant’s monthly income.
- Preference to be given to those applicants below 60 years old who had recently lost their limb through amputation than for the replacement of an existing prosthetic limb.
- Applicants must not be on the waiting list of any of the schemes by the government for the provision of free or subsidised artificial limbs.
- Applicants must include their x-ray films and discharge summary from the hospital together with their application.
- The successful applicant will be examined by a physician assigned by LPC for suitability to be provided with a prosthetic limb.
- An assessment panel appointed by LPC will interview, review and assess the applicant’s suitability and/or eligibility.
For enquiry, email and attention your email to Chairman – LPC Outreach Sub-Committee